Good Morning Benjamin Davis!
I have been praying and thinking about you EVERY SINGLE DAY! No morning high fives, NO laughter, NO noise in the cafeteria, No hugs, No parent calls, No smiles, No tears, No office/nurse visits, No reminders (to walk on the right side of the hallway), No birthday celebrations, No excitement from learning something new, No after school activities, and No one telling me they have met their AR challenge. Ben Davis I’m realllllllly missing you!
Parents, as we continue to maneuver through uncharted territory please be mindful of the following:
• Starting today April 6, meals will be served at the 7 elementary locations each Monday and Wednesday from 11-12:15. Bring your child with you if possible.
• A PreK-2 task force is working to assemble packages for all PreK-2 students within the district (by grade level). A plan is being discussed on how packages will be distributed.
• Don’t forget to check BD Facebook page for information, resources and activities.
• Today, BD teachers will start contacting students and parents on regular basis (phone, google hangout, seesaw, emails etc….) Teachers are expecting to hear from every child or parent.
• Because BD students live ALL across Decatur we were not able to do a school/neighborhood parade. Trust me when I say, we love our students and we want to see them.
Parents you have been amazing. We love you and stay safe!!!!!!!